Term: EN-CS (various lifts)

  • Mgr. Iveta Pecinkova - Preklady&tlumoceni
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 15, 2013

      Zdravim,

      v popisu bezpecnosti prace mam ruzne druhy zvedacich plosin, vytahu apod. Poradi mi nekdo spravne ekvivalenty k tomuto vybaveni:

      man lift

      bucket lift

      JLG

      „When using a man-lift or bucket lift or JLG, all employees are required to wear a fall harness and lanyard.“

      Predem dekuji

      Iveta

    • Alena Ryšková 2e
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2013
        Dobre odpoledne,
        man lift zni jako osobni vytah, nebo tedy zvedaci plosina pro prepravu osob,
        bucket l. = koreckovy elevator/dopravnik

        Alena
        Dne 15.11.2013 10:39, Mgr. Iveta Pecinkova -
        Preklady&tlumoceni napsal(a):

        Zdravim,

        v popisu bezpecnosti prace mam ruzne druhy zvedacich plosin, vytahu apod. Poradi mi nekdo spravne ekvivalenty k tomuto vybaveni:

        man lift

        bucket lift

        JLG

        „When using a man-lift or bucket lift or JLG, all employees are required to wear a fall harness and lanyard.“

        Predem dekuji

        Iveta

        Tato zpráva neobsahuje viry ani jiný škodlivý kód -avast! Antivirus je aktivní.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 18, 2013
          A client is asking for an opinion on something they want to use for a Xmas card... at first I though someone with limited English wrote it, until I discovered it was genuine quotes (form quite obscure people, both of whom seem to be propagating stuff about them themselves, with at least one of them non-native, won't bore you with details)..

          Anyway, the two pieces of "wisdom" are:

          “Light is creation. Darkness is the space necessary to create.”

          and

           “The light teaches you to convert life into a festive promenade.”

          What do you think of them? Make sense/sound natural in ENG or not?

          Thanks

          Matej
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 18, 2013

            ---In czechlist@yahoogroups.com, <mklimes@...> wrote:

            “Light is creation. Darkness is the space necessary to create.”

            I think this is formally correct. Stylistically it falls a bit flat IMHO. I would prefer: Light is creation -- darkness is the space necessary for creation. But that is just me and evidently this is a much-quoted quote from Erica Jasmin Cartaya http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7159609.Erica_Jasmin_Cartaya , so I would actually leave it in the original

            and

             “The light teaches you to convert life into a festive promenade.”

            Again seems to have a lot of currency already online. Once we have mentioned light then the definite article is okay here, although it is expendable IMHO. Think Blackpool illuminations!

            Oh well, back to the festive promenade.

            Melvyn

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 18, 2013
              Thank you Melvyn

              Matej

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 18, 2013
                This sounds like New Age weirdness, and I don't think it's appropriate for a Christmas card.

                Jamie

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 18, 2013
                  It certainly does... and the authors do too..

                  I was asking about the English because it sounded slightly suspect to me..

                  The company makes crystal chandeliers, hence the light references, and they wanted something religion/tradition-free so that it would work for markets where Xmas is not a big thing, or not a thing at all, it's for the PF, the happy new year card that we send around before Xmas, I said Xmas card as the ENG equivalent, but obviously it's not the same ..

                  Thanks

                  Matej