SK-EN medical - duplicita

  • kingakawecka
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23 8:33 AM
      Dear Colleagues,

      I would appreciate some help with the above term in a medical discharge report in relation to prostate cancer. The context is as follows:

      Počas hospitalizácie realizovaná sonografia abdomenu s popisom ložiskovej prestavby heparu- vs MTS prestavba. Vzhľadom k tomu že metastázovanie karcínómu prostaty do heparu nie je obvyklé; realizovaná v rámci pátrania po duplicite gastroskopia s nálezom duplicitného vredu žalúdka prepyloricky Forrest III.

      I am not sure how to understand "duplicita". I have found some evidence that it might mean secondary malignancy but I am not sure. Another possibility is that it indicates a new primary cancer and I do realise these two suggestions are mutually exclusive.
      Also, would "duplicitný vred" be secondary ulcer?

      Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      Kind regards,
      Kinga
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23 11:09 AM
        Hi Kinga,

        Unlike Martin, I don't specialize in medical topics, but from what I see
        on multiple websites it seems like "duplicitny vred" could indeed be
        conveyed as 'secondary ulcer'
        (http://casopis-zsfju.zsf.jcu.cz/kontakt/administrace/clankyfile/20120326174808884590.pdf)...

        Jirka

      • kingakawecka