SK-EN medical - duplicita

  • kingakawecka
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23 7:22 AM
      Dear Colleagues,

      I would appreciate some help with the above term in a medical discharge report in relation to prostate cancer. The context is as follows:

      Počas hospitalizácie realizovaná sonografia abdomenu s popisom ložiskovej prestavby heparu- vs MTS prestavba. Vzhľadom k tomu že metastázovanie karcínómu prostaty do heparu nie je obvyklé; realizovaná v rámci pátrania po duplicite gastroskopia s nálezom duplicitného vredu žalúdka prepyloricky Forrest III.

      I am not sure how to understand "duplicita". I have found some evidence that it might mean secondary malignancy but I am not sure. Another possibility is that it indicates a new primary cancer and I do realise these two suggestions are mutually exclusive.
      Also, would "duplicitný vred" be secondary ulcer?

      Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      Kind regards,
      Kinga
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23 7:35 AM
        Dear Kinga,

        As you seem to have recurrent needs for a Slovak/Czech editing support
        in your agency practice - if you are looking for a professional native
        editor to hire, feel free to ask on this list. I am pretty sure some of
        listmates would be delighted to help you out.

        Best Regards,
        Martin

        _______________________
        Martin Janda
        En-Czech Translations & Interpreting
        Medicine, IT/SW, Law

        Dne 23.8.2013 16:22, kingakawecka napsal(a):

        > Dear Colleagues,
        >
        > I would appreciate some help with the above term in a medical
        > discharge report in relation to prostate cancer. The context is as
        > follows:
        >
        > Počas hospitalizácie realizovaná sonografia abdomenu s popisom
        > ložiskovej prestavby heparu- vs MTS prestavba. Vzhľadom k tomu že
        > metastázovanie karcínómu prostaty do heparu nie je obvyklé;
        > realizovaná v rámci pátrania po duplicite gastroskopia s nálezom
        > duplicitného vredu žalúdka prepyloricky Forrest III.
        >
        > I am not sure how to understand "duplicita". I have found some
        > evidence that it might mean secondary malignancy but I am not sure.
        > Another possibility is that it indicates a new primary cancer and I do
        > realise these two suggestions are mutually exclusive.
        > Also, would "duplicitný vred" be secondary ulcer?
        >
        > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
        > Kind regards,
        > Kinga

      • Pilucha, Jiri
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 23 7:51 AM
          Martine,

          You seem to be suggesting that Kinga should be paying for the advice.

          Are you suggesting there is no place on this forum for people whose queries are “recurrent”?

          Agency or not, I do not think we should be doing background checks on Checklist members, we are neither KGB, nor NSA

          Jiri

          As you seem to have recurrent needs for a Slovak/Czech editing support
          in your agency practice - if you are looking for a professional native
          editor to hire, feel free to ask on this list. I am pretty sure some of
          listmates would be delighted to help you out.

          Best Regards,
          Martin

          _______________________
          Martin Janda
          En-Czech Translations & Interpreting
          Medicine, IT/SW, Law

          Dne 23.8.2013 16:22, kingakawecka napsal(a):

          > Dear Colleagues,
          >
          > I would appreciate some help with the above term in a medical
          > discharge report in relation to prostate cancer. The context is as
          > follows:
          >
          > Počas hospitalizácie realizovaná sonografia abdomenu s popisom
          > ložiskovej prestavby heparu- vs MTS prestavba. Vzhľadom k tomu že
          > metastázovanie karcínómu prostaty do heparu nie je obvyklé;
          > realizovaná v rámci pátrania po duplicite gastroskopia s nálezom
          > duplicitného vredu žalúdka prepyloricky Forrest III.
          >
          > I am not sure how to understand "duplicita". I have found some
          > evidence that it might mean secondary malignancy but I am not sure.
          > Another possibility is that it indicates a new primary cancer and I do
          > realise these two suggestions are mutually exclusive.
          > Also, would "duplicitný vred" be secondary ulcer?
          >
          > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
          > Kind regards,
          > Kinga

        • Jan Culka
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23 7:56 AM
            Jiri,
            I don´t think Martin was thinking that way. Kinga obviously needs some support regularly, and somebody may be willing and happy to help her.
            On tho other hand, nobody is limited here to participate in helping her.
            Honza

            As you seem to have recurrent needs for a Slovak/Czech editing support
            in your agency practice - if you are looking for a professional native
            editor to hire, feel free to ask on this list. I am pretty sure some of
            listmates would be delighted to help you out.

            Best Regards,
            Martin

            _______________________
            Martin Janda
            En-Czech Translations & Interpreting
            Medicine, IT/SW, Law

            Dne 23.8.2013 16:22, kingakawecka napsal(a):

            > Dear Colleagues,
            >
            > I would appreciate some help with the above term in a medical
            > discharge report in relation to prostate cancer. The context is as
            > follows:
            >
            > Počas hospitalizácie realizovaná sonografia abdomenu s popisom
            > ložiskovej prestavby heparu- vs MTS prestavba. Vzhľadom k tomu že
            > metastázovanie karcínómu prostaty do heparu nie je obvyklé;
            > realizovaná v rámci pátrania po duplicite gastroskopia s nálezom
            > duplicitného vredu žalúdka prepyloricky Forrest III.
            >
            > I am not sure how to understand "duplicita". I have found some
            > evidence that it might mean secondary malignancy but I am not sure.
            > Another possibility is that it indicates a new primary cancer and I do
            > realise these two suggestions are mutually exclusive.
            > Also, would "duplicitný vred" be secondary ulcer?
            >
            > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
            > Kind regards,
            > Kinga

          • kingakawecka

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 23 11:09 AM
                Hi Kinga,

                Unlike Martin, I don't specialize in medical topics, but from what I see
                on multiple websites it seems like "duplicitny vred" could indeed be
                conveyed as 'secondary ulcer'
                (http://casopis-zsfju.zsf.jcu.cz/kontakt/administrace/clankyfile/20120326174808884590.pdf)...

                Jirka

              • kingakawecka