[Czechlist] napris

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15 9:59 AM
      Can anyone tell me what "napris" might mean in relation to the drawers of a convection oven?

      There's really no context. I just know that this oven (with a glassed-in front) has drawers and that they are "napris", i.e. "zasuvy napris".

      I'd be grateful for any help.

      By the way, if anyone encounters an English-looking expression "front cooking", that's actually some kind of Germlish. The English term is "display cooking". It means cooking where customers can see it.

    • Zuzana Kocicková
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15 10:15 AM
        Hi Jamie,
        isn´t it a typo for "napric"?
        Just a though.
        Zuzana

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15 1:35 PM
          Hi Jamie,

          It must be "napric". It's quite amazing how frequent this typo is on
          websites in different contexts (the Czech keyboard layout suggests why),
          which only confirms "napris" doesn't mean anything. "Napric" is "across"
          or suchlike...

          Jirka

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15 1:42 PM
            Thanks, Jirka and Zuzana. I think it must mean that the drawers are transverse mounted somehow. Is that possible?

            Jamie

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15 1:54 PM
              > I think it must mean that the drawers are transverse mounted somehow.
              Is that possible?

              Again, this must be that. If there isn't more context, as you say, it's
              the only sensible meaning. Web search for "zasuvy napric" yields quite a
              few sites with "napric orientovane zasuvy", which sounds like more
              sophistictated and more precise way if saying the same. Onlt one site is
              found using your phrase within quotes: Retigo; is that the client?
              Interestingly enough, I can find the phrase on the page found but there
              is "napric orientovane zasuvy" again...

              Jirka

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15 2:00 PM
                Thanks, Jirka. That is, in fact, the client. I can't use their website as a reference, because the English translation is semi-catastrophic.

                I think I got a sloppily written draft of the text with a bunch of personal notations in it.

                Jamie

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 15 3:06 PM
                  It's funny I produced some typos on this thread too. Well, close to
                  midnight and still doing some tight deadline work...

                  Jirka