RE: [Czechlist] care network THANKS

  • Pilucha, Jiri
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2013
      very helpful, thanks a lot, Jamie

      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Kirchner
      Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 2:50 PM
      To: czechlist@...
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] care network

      I can't help you with this very well, Jiri, but it sounds to me as if the gays are creating informal networks of people to care for each other in their old age or when they are sick in order to replace the family connections gay people may not have. There's no son or daughter, so the gays rely on each other.

      Note that the phrase "care network" is often used in the names or publications of health insurance companies that require policyholders to get care within a "preferred provider network" of clinics and hospitals, but that's apparently not what this is.

      The statement is revealing, because opponents of homosexual "marriage" have commonly claimed that it would lead to recognition of polygamy and other forms of illegal "marriage", but gay rights advocates claimed the argument was ridiculous. Now apparently some scholars and advocates are calling for exactly that.

      Jamie