Re: [Czechlist] Digest Number 97

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000

      >Message: 4
      > Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:00:10 +0100
      > From: "Kostas Zgafas" <kzgafas@...>
      >Subject: Re: Elementary legal expressions from Czech to English
      >
      >> >And what about the phrase "ve zne'ni pozde'js'ich pr'edpisu"?
      >>
      >> - "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
      >>
      >> Melvyn
      >
      >an American lawyer told me: "in conjunction to later regulations".
      >
      >Kostas

      I'll resist saying that nothing would surprise me from American lawyers,
      but that's a particularly ungainly expression.

      IMHO

      Gerry

      Czech-In Translations *
      (A.G.BRAIN)
      Na dlouhem lanu 66, 160 00 Prague 6, Czech Republic
      ++ 420 2 35 36 38 50
      E-mail: czechin@...
      czechin@...

      EXPERIENCE - STYLE - ACCURACY

      *also Slovak-in, French-in
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000
        > >>And what about the phrase "ve zne'ni pozde'js'ich pr'edpisu"?
        >>
        >>- "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
        >
        >"as subsequently amended" is the expression I generally use

        Or simply "as amended."
        Michael
      • Michael Trittipo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
          At 10:29 2000/03/09 +0100, Gerald Turner wrote:
          >>> - "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
          >>an American lawyer told me: "in conjunction to later regulations".
          >I'll resist saying that nothing would surprise me from American lawyers,
          >but that's a particularly ungainly expression.

          As I happen to be an American lawyer, thanks for your resistance to tarring
          us all with the same brush! But I agree that it's ungainly at best. I'm
          with you, Michael G., & Melvyn on "as later|subsequently|(null) amended" or
          the like.

          Michael Trittipo
          Minneapolis, Minnesota
          mailto:tritt002@...