Re: [Czechlist] plodne zeny

  • Charles Stanford
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24 8:24 AM
      "Fertile women" can also be used in that sense in English too (women who
      are capable of conceiving), but it is a bit ambiguous and that is why
      "women of child-bearing age/potential" is used in more technical texts.
      Seems a bit weird to me that Czech does not have a more cut and dried term
      for "women who are capable of becoming pregnant" to avoid the ambiguity but
      I will take your collective word for it.
      Thank you to everyone for this.

      > > Hi Czechlisters.

      > > > Can you use plodne zeny in the sense of "women of child-bearing
      > > age". Does
      > > > it not mean more that they are fertile (i.e. like Maria Theresa)
      > > >
      > > > Plodne zeny by nemely behem studie s xxxx otehotnet.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for anything.
      > > > Charlie

      Charlie Stanford
      Telephone: +420 326 996 382