Re: (no subject)

  • wustpisk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
      Same here, but I refuse to do it. I still get plenty of work out of them though as they haven't got a lot of choice. I just send them a word file or a tmx if I have time.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
        I also refuse.

        I was astounded at the rates people on the list say the company pays them, because that apparently varies a lot from country to country in my experience.

        Also, the project managers don't always give you enough information to get paid. I was futilely invoicing for months and never getting paid. Finally, over a year later, someone detected that I wasn't paid and explained to me that they had their own online invoicing portal. When I'd been sending invoices, they were thrown into the abyss and no one told me that wasn't the way they do things. Then there were a lot of problems setting that up.

        Jamie

        On Jul 23, 2013, at 8:04 AM, wustpisk wrote:

        > Same here, but I refuse to do it. I still get plenty of work out of them though as they haven't got a lot of choice. I just send them a word file or a tmx if I have time.

        >> They must have a different policy for the Czech Republic than for the US. For US-based translators, they charge $5 a month to use Translation Workspace. The American translator has to pay for the privilege of doing Lionbridge's work on its own CAT tool, and a subscription doesn't guarantee you any work. They get really aggressive in pushing this arrangement, even going so far as to have guys call me from India to induce me to start paying.
        >>
        >> Jamie
        >>
        >> On Jul 23, 2013, at 4:59 AM, czechlist-bounces@... wrote:
        >>
        >>> Honzo,
        >>> Lionbridge je kolos, ktery dokaze zaplatit i dvojnasobek, kdyz to jinak
        >>> nejde. Plati spolehlive, tusim do 30 nebo 60 dni. Translation Workspace sice
        >>> obcas vyzaduji, ale neni treba tam platit. Jde si zalozit ucet a prekladat
        >>> na jejich naklady - ten CAT je jejich. Ja jsem jim tenkrat napsala, ze nemam
        >>> zajem platit za TWS, ze muzu prekladat v Tradosu a dodat jim TM a ted pro ne
        >>> obcas delam v Tradosu, obcas v TWS. A kontrola kvality ta tam opravdu
        >>> funguje, jak pise Zuzka. Dostanes tabulku s vypisem vsem oprav a kazdy radek
        >>> musis odsouhlasit a v pripade nesouhlasu okomentovat.
        >>>
        >>> Marketa
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>> Marketa Vilhelmova
        >>> Domasov u Stbk. 46
        >>> CZ-78501 Sternberk
        >>> Czech Republic
        >>> Comp. ID: 73360309
        >>> EU VAT: CZ7555252870
        >>> tel: +420 608 614 059
        >>> e-mail: marketa.jirickova@...
        >>> skype: jirickovapeggy

      • wustpisk
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
          You have got to play hardball with them and they are usually compliant, and the rates aren't bad but it is hard work getting those rates out of them. I sorted out the on-line invoicing thing a while back, but the link isn't easy to find.
          The thing that most gets me is that they usually send several pages of 'instructions' in miniscule font with each e-mail, and they also have instruction manuals/style guides with hundreds of pages and as soon as you stray from the course they will immediately quote the page and clause number of the offence and demand an explanation of why you hadn't followed the instructions.
          I'm mostly familiar with it now and it is all straightforward stuff, but at first it was pretty irksome. I also refuse to do their proofreading (LQA) - it really is the most byzantine procedure.

          > I also refuse.
          >
          > I was astounded at the rates people on the list say the company pays them, because that apparently varies a lot from country to country in my experience.
          >
          > Also, the project managers don't always give you enough information to get paid. I was futilely invoicing for months and never getting paid. Finally, over a year later, someone detected that I wasn't paid and explained to me that they had their own online invoicing portal. When I'd been sending invoices, they were thrown into the abyss and no one told me that wasn't the way they do things. Then there were a lot of problems setting that up.
          >
          > Jamie
          >
          > On Jul 23, 2013, at 8:04 AM, wustpisk wrote:
          >
          > > Same here, but I refuse to do it. I still get plenty of work out of them though as they haven't got a lot of choice. I just send them a word file or a tmx if I have time.
          > >
          > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <czechlist@> wrote:
          > >>
          > >> They must have a different policy for the Czech Republic than for the US. For US-based translators, they charge $5 a month to use Translation Workspace. The American translator has to pay for the privilege of doing Lionbridge's work on its own CAT tool, and a subscription doesn't guarantee you any work. They get really aggressive in pushing this arrangement, even going so far as to have guys call me from India to induce me to start paying.
          > >>
          > >> Jamie

        • Milan
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
            Preklad a prezentace jsou hotovy
            Terminologie obcanskeho zakoniku, zakon c. 89/2012 Sb.

            http://www.condak.net/cat_other/omegat/2013-07-21/cs/00.html

            strojovy preklad do anglictiny a polstiny. Mozna jste si vsimli chybneho roku, uvedl jsem 2013 a zákon byl schvalen jiz v roce 2012.

            Milan