Re: [Czechlist] MT gibberish can be useful

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
      It's T-Stream Editor.

      JK

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
        I haven't worked much with DejaVu, so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it do what T-Stream does in terms of predictive typing.

        Trados Studio and MemoQ both offer predictive typing, in the case of Trados only of words in the termbase, and often the wrong word, because if two or three letters are the same at the beginning, that's enough for the program to think it's got a match. MemoQ offers things from the termbase and also form the corpus (what you called subsegments data mined from the TM). T-Stream, however, offers any word that's ever been in the machine-translated segment, whether it's in the termbase or not.

        There are many annoying disadvantages to T-Stream, so I'd never choose it as my general CAT tool even if I could, but this predictive typing on steroids is very helpful.

        Jamie