Re: [Czechlist] Digest Number 97

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000
      >Subject: Re: Elementary legal expressions from Czech to English
      >

      >>And what about the phrase "ve zne'ni pozde'js'ich pr'edpisu"?
      >
      >- "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?

      "as subsequently amended" is the expression I generally use

      FWIW

      Gerry

      Czech-In Translations *
      (A.G.BRAIN)
      Na dlouhem lanu 66, 160 00 Prague 6, Czech Republic
      ++ 420 2 35 36 38 50
      E-mail: czechin@...
      czechin@...

      EXPERIENCE - STYLE - ACCURACY

      *also Slovak-in, French-in
    • Gerald Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000

        >Message: 4
        > Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:00:10 +0100
        > From: "Kostas Zgafas" <kzgafas@...>
        >Subject: Re: Elementary legal expressions from Czech to English
        >
        >> >And what about the phrase "ve zne'ni pozde'js'ich pr'edpisu"?
        >>
        >> - "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
        >>
        >> Melvyn
        >
        >an American lawyer told me: "in conjunction to later regulations".
        >
        >Kostas

        I'll resist saying that nothing would surprise me from American lawyers,
        but that's a particularly ungainly expression.

        IMHO

        Gerry

        Czech-In Translations *
        (A.G.BRAIN)
        Na dlouhem lanu 66, 160 00 Prague 6, Czech Republic
        ++ 420 2 35 36 38 50
        E-mail: czechin@...
        czechin@...

        EXPERIENCE - STYLE - ACCURACY

        *also Slovak-in, French-in
      • Michael Grant
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2000
          > >>And what about the phrase "ve zne'ni pozde'js'ich pr'edpisu"?
          >>
          >>- "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
          >
          >"as subsequently amended" is the expression I generally use

          Or simply "as amended."
          Michael
        • Michael Trittipo
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
            At 10:29 2000/03/09 +0100, Gerald Turner wrote:
            >>> - "as subsequently amended" viz Trade Links. Alternatives anybody?
            >>an American lawyer told me: "in conjunction to later regulations".
            >I'll resist saying that nothing would surprise me from American lawyers,
            >but that's a particularly ungainly expression.

            As I happen to be an American lawyer, thanks for your resistance to tarring
            us all with the same brush! But I agree that it's ungainly at best. I'm
            with you, Michael G., & Melvyn on "as later|subsequently|(null) amended" or
            the like.

            Michael Trittipo
            Minneapolis, Minnesota
            mailto:tritt002@...