Re: [Czechlist] Names

  • Zuzana Benesova
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 3, 2013
      The Czech Statistical Office has the top 10/ top 20 names given to babies published for the period since 1999 here: http://www.czso.cz/csu/redakce.nsf/i/nejoblibenejsi_detska_jmena

      Among girls, Tereza was definitely No. 1 for most of this period but has been overtaken by Eliska in the past 2 years.

      So there certainly are trends.

      The Ministry of the Interior has a much more detailed list here: http://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/cetnost-jmen-a-prijmeni-722752.aspx - clik "statistika jmen a roku narozeni" - the excel file is rather difficult to read but you can extract info if you need it

      Hanko:

      The lady who rules our names is certain Mrs. Knappova. I know two kids (now almost adult) who had their names turned down by this lady initially and their respective parents had to do battle for them. You may be surprised: their proposed (and, finally successfully defended) names are Rozarka and Mikes. The latter had no name for about 2 months while Mrs. Knappova was suggesting to name him Majk or Miki (ha!) and his mother fought, even had an interview on the radio I remember. They are both growing up happily, with multiple nicknames I believe :-)

      Cheers,
      Zuzka

      4. 7. 2013 v 0:10, Josef Hlavac:

      Message 47 of 47 , Jul 3, 2013
        By the way, my daughter is Hana, as are both of her grandmothers ;-)

        4. 7. 2013 v 0:34, :