Re: [Czechlist] "tried-and-..."

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 21, 2013
      Again, the only reason the client thought to be irritated in the first place is that I chose to use a "tried-and-..." adjective. If I had used "proven" or something like that, he would never have noticed anything or else focused his desire to be irritated on something else. But this guy has to complain about something all the time.

      Note that this is a client who, in the past, has come back complaining that translations "were not done by a native English speaker". He highlights everything he thinks is non-native English, but everything he highlights is good, idiomatic English (not American idioms but just English). Then he writes foreigner expressions and grammar mistakes that he wants it all replaced with. (I'm sure you've all dealt with people like this.) So I don't trust this guy's judgement and have to check everything he objects to if it's not obvious to me.

      Jamie

      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 24, 2013
        Some of this doesn't make any sense.

        What is "qrowed"?

        The phrased "realised on the test" is almost certainly foreigner English.

        Jamie