Re: "tried-and-..."

  • wustpisk
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 21, 2013
      If it is for a Standard English/European audience, then 'tried and tested' (or as a backup possibly 'tried and trusted', but it isn't common usage) is your only option. I had never heard of 'tried and true' before yesterday, but sounds a bit odd to me. I would probably correct that as well.
      I'd just let him have what he wants - it isn't wrong, it isn't Czenglish or Germlish, and then it is done and dusted.

      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 24, 2013
        Some of this doesn't make any sense.

        What is "qrowed"?

        The phrased "realised on the test" is almost certainly foreigner English.

        Jamie