Re: [Czechlist] "tried-and-..."

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 20, 2013
      Attested or not, the term sounds so stupid to me that I want to avoid it.

      I have clients wanting Germlish or Czenglish, but I don't give it to them. The best thing is just to use another term. The only reason he got this "tried-and-..." bug in his rear end is that I used the term "tried-and-true". If I hadn't chosen that term, he'd never have thought about it, so I see nothing wrong with using a completely different sort of term that neither one of us will complain about.

      Jamie

      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 24, 2013
        Some of this doesn't make any sense.

        What is "qrowed"?

        The phrased "realised on the test" is almost certainly foreigner English.

        Jamie