Poklasný

  • geigerhannah20
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
      Dobrý den,

      mám dokument z roku 1898, povolání Poklasný

      mám dojem že je to někdo jako správce stodoly a dohližitel na žně, ale v jednom textu tohle popisují jako "přízemní" zaměstnání.

      Samozřejmě, že bych se ráda vyvarovala novodobých slov jako "manager" atd.

      Pokud tohle někdo zná, moc bych to ocenila.

      Děkuji

      Hanka
    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
        My old Bohemian-English dictionary by Karel Jonas (1890) (found in a second-hand bookshop in Dorset) translates poklasny as "bailiff in husbandry" and "overseer".

        Under English common law, a "bailiff in husbandry" was one appointed by a private person to collect his rents and manage his estates.
        http://law-n-order.hubpages.com/hub/bailiff

        BR

        Melvyn

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
          I would say the bailiff definition you mention sounds rather like a
          'spravce statku' to me.

          I checked Wiki for overseer, this is what I found:

          A supervisor or superintendent (one who keeps watch over and directs the
          work of others, especially laborers)
          In law, a person appointed by the testator to supervise or assist the
          executor(s) of a will. (Now obsolete)
          Overseer of the Poor, an official who administered poor relief

          None of these seems to fit either. But on the other hand, will anyone
          notice if you translate as whatever of the two?

          HTH
          Martin

          Dne 20.6.2013 22:02, Melvyn napsal(a):

          > My old Bohemian-English dictionary by Karel Jonas (1890) (found in a
          > second-hand bookshop in Dorset) translates poklasny as "bailiff in
          > husbandry" and "overseer".
          >
          > Under English common law, a "bailiff in husbandry" was one appointed
          > by a private person to collect his rents and manage his estates.
          > http://law-n-order.hubpages.com/hub/bailiff
          >
          > BR
          >
          > Melvyn

          > "geigerhannah20" <hgeige@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dobrý den,
          > >
          > > mám dokument z roku 1898, povolání Poklasný
          > >
          > > mám dojem že je to někdo jako správce stodoly a dohližitel na žně,
          > ale v jednom textu tohle popisují jako "přízemní" zaměstnání.
          > >
          > > Samozřejmě, že bych se ráda vyvarovala novodobých slov jako
          > "manager" atd.
          > >
          > > Pokud tohle někdo zná, moc bych to ocenila.
          > >
          > > Děkuji
          > >
          > > Hanka

        • Melvyn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
            poklasny, -eho m. (dr.) zamestnanec na statku dozirajici na praci;
            http://ssjc.ujc.cas.cz/search.php

            poklasny, -eho m. zrízenec na statku dohlizejici na delníky.
            http://bara.ujc.cas.cz/psjc/search.php
            Here you have 49 index cards with poklasny in context.

            BR

            Melvyn

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

            > I would say the bailiff definition you mention sounds rather like a
            > 'spravce statku' to me.
            >
            > I checked Wiki for overseer, this is what I found:
            >
            > A supervisor or superintendent (one who keeps watch over and directs the
            > work of others, especially laborers)
            > In law, a person appointed by the testator to supervise or assist the
            > executor(s) of a will. (Now obsolete)
            > Overseer of the Poor, an official who administered poor relief
            >
            > None of these seems to fit either. But on the other hand, will anyone
            > notice if you translate as whatever of the two?
            >
            > HTH
            > Martin
            >

            > Dne 20.6.2013 22:02, Melvyn napsal(a):
            > >
            > > My old Bohemian-English dictionary by Karel Jonas (1890) (found in a
            > > second-hand bookshop in Dorset) translates poklasny as "bailiff in
            > > husbandry" and "overseer".
            > >
            > > Under English common law, a "bailiff in husbandry" was one appointed
            > > by a private person to collect his rents and manage his estates.
            > > http://law-n-order.hubpages.com/hub/bailiff
            > >
            > > BR
            > >
            > > Melvyn
            > >
            > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > "geigerhannah20" <hgeige@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Dobrý den,
            > > >
            > > > mám dokument z roku 1898, povolání Poklasný
            > > >
            > > > mám dojem že je to někdo jako správce stodoly a dohližitel na žně,
            > > ale v jednom textu tohle popisují jako "přízemní" zaměstnání.
            > > >
            > > > Samozřejmě, že bych se ráda vyvarovala novodobých slov jako
            > > "manager" atd.
            > > >
            > > > Pokud tohle někdo zná, moc bych to ocenila.
            > > >
            > > > Děkuji
            > > >
            > > > Hanka

          • Melvyn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

              > I checked Wiki for overseer, this is what I found:
              >
              > A supervisor or superintendent (one who keeps watch over and directs the work of others, especially laborers)

              That seems to fit here. Perhaps some of these farm overseers collected the rent too?

              BR

              Melvyn
            • Melvyn
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013

                > That seems to fit here. Perhaps some of these farm overseers collected the rent too?

                Not unknown even in America:

                Absentee landlords owned or controlled most of Marietta's lands and
                overseers collected rent from tenants.
                http://archive.org/stream/StephenBrownPhdThesisLeoFrankCase1999/stephen-brown-leo-frank-case-august-1999_djvu.txt

                BR

                Melvyn
              • Hannah Geiger
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 20, 2013
                  Moc dekuji (nemuzu psat na ceske klavesnici, strasne se to lame na cislice)
                  - tyhle odkazy jsou pro mne uplne klenoty, ty jsou pro mne nove a udelal
                  jste mi velikou radost, opravdu

                  Hanka