Re: TERM

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 293 , Jun 13, 2013

      > IMHO it would be right to say "Storeys is" in reference to the concept by not to actual multiple floors in a building. In fact, the use of "is" or "are" could affect the reader's perception of which one you're talking about.

      Course, you could use the singular here too.

      I would use "allow" with an object here, e.g. "which allows us to" or similarly "which enables us to".

      There are other things I would reformulate, e.g. I prefer "ideal for seismic designs".

      BR

      Melvyn

      > > Dne 13.6.2013 9:40, Karel Navratil napsal(a):
      > >>
      > >> Hi, can you find any mistakes in the following (except for "therefore").
      > >> British English.
      > >>
      > >> Storeys is a widely used concept, which allows to accurately analyse each
      > >> floor as a mass linked to adjacent floors by walls and columns.
      > >> Storeys are therefor ideal to perform a seismic design. Storey results
      > >> give
      > >> a summarised view of results in each storey.
      > >> Displacements, accelerations, internal forces and resultant forces may be
      > >> displayed per storey, either as bulk values for each storey, or as
      > >> detailed
      > >> results for each wall and column.
      > >> Storeys may also be used for fast determination of load paths.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks,
      > >>
      > >> Karel
    • "Karel Navrátil"
      Message 293 of 293 , Apr 30
        Děkuji Šárce i Martinovi.
        Karel

        Dne 30.04.15, "Martin Janda martinjanda@... [Czechlist]" <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com> napsal:

        Nebo, v mirne obmene, /facilities of public interest/

        Martin