Re: [Czechlist] Expression

    Message 1 of 19 , May 28, 2013
      Jasne - rada lidi zna nazev (i kdyz u mladych bych si nebyl jisty ani
      tim), ale nikoli vyznam spojeni. Sam jsem toho zarnym dokladem (jasne,
      jsem barbar :-)). Takze, pokud je preklad urcen pro skupinu
      intelektualu, asi to fungovat bude. Pokud pro siroke masy, vrele bych
      doporucoval vysvetlivku nebo opis. Proto jsem taky po Jamiem chtel
      kontext - mozna by nam usetril spoustu dohadovani.

      Martin

      Message 2 of 19 , May 28, 2013
        In the US, at least, the book is all but forgotten.

        Jamie

        Message 3 of 19 , May 28, 2013
          Martin, there actually doesn't have to be any context in English. The person merely has to say a woman is or looks like a Stepford wife, and everyone just understands it.

          Jamie

          Message 4 of 19 , May 28, 2013
            Well, Jamie, most people asking questions in this group have a specific
            translation issue, which means a specific text as well. Sorry, did not
            realize your question was purely for the sakeof conversation. Noneed for
            my input then...

            Martin

            Message 5 of 19 , May 28, 2013
              It was not purely for the sake of conversation. It was for my information. I don't need the term right now, but I will probably need something like it in the future.

              Jamie