Re: [Czechlist] what could (o) stand for?

  • Jan Culka
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2013
      seems most likely (operator)
      Honza

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Markéta Vilhelmová
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 10:18 AM
      Subject: [Czechlist] what could (o) stand for?

      Hello,
      don't you know what could (o) following a telephone number stand for?
      Translating a media statement where's given a contact person, telephone
      number, eg. 1 973 230 527 (o), and e-mail address. Is it for operator -
      spojovatelka?

      Thanks,

      Marketa

      --
      Marketa Vilhelmova
      Domasov u Stbk. 46

      =

    • Mark Gillis
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2013
        Marketa,

        I think the (o) could stand for "office", as in "office phone". Is there another number with an (h) after it indicating "home phone"?

        Mark

        ________________________________
        don't you know what could (o) following a telephone number stand for?
        Translating a media statement where's given a contact person, telephone
        number, eg. 1 973 230 527 (o), and e-mail address. Is it for operator -
        spojovatelka?

        Thanks,

        Marketa

        --
        Marketa Vilhelmova
        Domasov u Stbk. 46
        CZ-78501 Sternberk
        Czech Republic
        Comp. ID: 73360309
        EU VAT: CZ7555252870
        tel: +420 608 614 059
        e-mail: mailto:marketa.jirickova%40email.cz
        skype: jirickovapeggy

        =

      • Markéta Vilhelmová
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2013
          thanks, but no (h). I think I'll add a comment offering both possibilities
          (office and operator) and suggesting to delete it in CS.

          Marketa

          --
          Marketa Vilhelmova
          Domasov u Stbk. 46

          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2013
            This is MUCH more likely than the (o) standing for the operator. I'm sure it means "office".

            Jamie

            Message 5 of 6 , May 24, 2013
              Don't delete it, because it could be informing people that they are calling the person's landline, and not his cell or home phone. If the guy put it in there, there is likely some importance to it.

              And we don't append a phone number with (o) to indicate there is an operator somewhere.

              Jamie