what could (o) stand for?

  • Markéta Vilhelmová
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2013
      Hello,
      don't you know what could (o) following a telephone number stand for?
      Translating a media statement where's given a contact person, telephone
      number, eg. 1 973 230 527 (o), and e-mail address. Is it for operator -
      spojovatelka?

      Thanks,

      Marketa

      --
      Marketa Vilhelmova
      Domasov u Stbk. 46

      =

    • Jan Culka
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2013
        seems most likely (operator)
        Honza

        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2013
          Marketa,

          I think the (o) could stand for "office", as in "office phone". Is there another number with an (h) after it indicating "home phone"?

          Mark

          ________________________________
          don't you know what could (o) following a telephone number stand for?
          Translating a media statement where's given a contact person, telephone
          number, eg. 1 973 230 527 (o), and e-mail address. Is it for operator -
          spojovatelka?

          Thanks,

          Marketa

          --
          Marketa Vilhelmova
          Domasov u Stbk. 46
          CZ-78501 Sternberk
          Czech Republic
          Comp. ID: 73360309
          EU VAT: CZ7555252870
          tel: +420 608 614 059
          e-mail: mailto:marketa.jirickova%40email.cz
          skype: jirickovapeggy

          =

        • Markéta Vilhelmová
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2013
            thanks, but no (h). I think I'll add a comment offering both possibilities
            (office and operator) and suggesting to delete it in CS.

            Marketa

            --
            Marketa Vilhelmova
            Domasov u Stbk. 46

            Message 5 of 6 , May 24, 2013
              This is MUCH more likely than the (o) standing for the operator. I'm sure it means "office".

              Jamie

              Message 6 of 6 , May 24, 2013
                Don't delete it, because it could be informing people that they are calling the person's landline, and not his cell or home phone. If the guy put it in there, there is likely some importance to it.

                And we don't append a phone number with (o) to indicate there is an operator somewhere.

                Jamie