Re: Vejminek

  • Dagmar
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2013
      I agree, Petr. Even relatively poor families talked about vejminek, all it meant was that the old parents stopped working (doing whatever was their source of income - they could be just poor weavers etc) and just carried on living with the young ones who took over. So it was just used as a term for retiring.. in many a folk tale they would say 'maminka a tatinek uz byli na vejminku'...

      BW,
      Dagmar