Re: Grilled cheese sandwich

  • wustpisk
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2013
      I have never heard 'grilled cheese sandwich' before. You don't have to toast the bread beforehand, but it helps. The same principle is behind beans on toast, but that really has to be toasted first or the bread will go all soggy.

      Or you can have a cheese toastie if you put it in one of those George Foreman toasting machines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuLVkOn1d6c

      and if you add a slice of ham it is a croque monsieur if you wish.

      Some places will put it in a bap and grill it in a machine that puts natty black lines across it and call it a 'panini'.

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Be careful about this, Gerry. If I make statements beginning with "I have never heard..." I get jumped on. :-)

        Jamie

        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          :)

          Don't know why it re-posted this, I just pressed the back button.