Re: Velka potřeba

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2013
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <spacils@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > "Number two" was definitely what kids say (and said in the 70s). If the setting is the 20s, though, I'd say something more cryptic ...

      A 1920s genteelism for number twos? Oh, you know I cannot resist a challenge.

      Go down to Tinkletown

      Go up to Piddlewick

      Faire le numero deux

      BR

      Melvyn
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2013
        In my family we went "little toidee" and "big toidee", but we were the only family I met who used those expressions.

        Later I thought that the expressions were derived "mala strana" and "velka strana", but once I saw an antique potty chair whose brand name was "Little Toidey" (many for sale on auction sites now). So maybe that word "toidey" was more common in the old days.

        We called a boy's thing his "toidier".

        Jamie