Re: [Czechlist] Axle/axis

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2013
      Right. It's the same in German and French. I just expect native English speakers to sense the difference in context, but it seems that few of them do.

      Jamie

      On Apr 19, 2013, at 12:22 AM, Sarka Rubkova wrote:

      > This problem is probably caused by the fact that one meaning od an "axle" is
      > "osa" in Czech.
      >

      > sarka

    • Petr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 19, 2013
        Pletu si hodne veci ale "axle/axis" urcite ne. Ja bych to r^adil mezi rceni typu "pro tebe je dalmacie jako decimalka" nebo "hodinky jako holinky - oboji se natahuje".
        Petr Adamek