Re: [Czechlist] Non-cooking celebrity chef...

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
      Those people who advertise the latest kitchen gadgets are called "pitch men" in the US. It's a profession with a long history and is often passed down from one generation to the next. Most of them gain their experience on the street in heavily frequented tourist areas before they show up on TV.

      I don't see anything wrong with using "kitchen expert", since he's obviously not a cooking expert. I'll bet you could even get away with "cooking celebrity", "kitchen celebrity" or even "food celebrity". These would mean he is famous, he has something to do with food or the kitchen, but he isn't necessarily skilled at anything.

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
        Sorry to have been rude and not thanked you all before for your input on
        the non-cooking celebrity chef - much appreciated