Re: Non-cooking celebrity chef...

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
      TV culinary star Gordon Ramsay

      or lots of hits for TV culinary personality.

      I am obviously in the wrong job.

      BR

      Melvyn

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
        Those people who advertise the latest kitchen gadgets are called "pitch men" in the US. It's a profession with a long history and is often passed down from one generation to the next. Most of them gain their experience on the street in heavily frequented tourist areas before they show up on TV.

        I don't see anything wrong with using "kitchen expert", since he's obviously not a cooking expert. I'll bet you could even get away with "cooking celebrity", "kitchen celebrity" or even "food celebrity". These would mean he is famous, he has something to do with food or the kitchen, but he isn't necessarily skilled at anything.

        Jamie

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
          Sorry to have been rude and not thanked you all before for your input on
          the non-cooking celebrity chef - much appreciated