Re: Non-cooking celebrity chef...

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Charles Stanford <charliestanfordtranslations@...> wrote:
      > "Kuchenexperte aus zahlreichen TV-shows" - i.e. literally a "kitchen expert
      > from numerous TV-shows".

      TV cuisine connoisseur/ cognoscente / critic / aficionado / grandmaster / maven / fiend / expert / guru / boffin / buff / enthusiast /go-to man...

      or TV gourmet? TV food freak? TV foody?

      Reminds me, we were talking about "food porn" on FB Czechlist and one character came up with jidlo k pomilovani, sexy jidlo or rajcovni jidlo, dlabanec, papanicko, futr, zvanec, pochutina, zradlo apod. Top notch stuff, eh?

      BR

      Melvyn
    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
        You could use culinary instead of cuisine. If it is very downmarket perhaps you could call him a wizard or maestro.

        BR

        Melvyn

        > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Charles Stanford <charliestanfordtranslations@> wrote:
        > > "Kuchenexperte aus zahlreichen TV-shows" - i.e. literally a "kitchen expert
        > > from numerous TV-shows".
      • Melvyn
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
          TV culinary star Gordon Ramsay

          or lots of hits for TV culinary personality.

          I am obviously in the wrong job.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
            Those people who advertise the latest kitchen gadgets are called "pitch men" in the US. It's a profession with a long history and is often passed down from one generation to the next. Most of them gain their experience on the street in heavily frequented tourist areas before they show up on TV.

            I don't see anything wrong with using "kitchen expert", since he's obviously not a cooking expert. I'll bet you could even get away with "cooking celebrity", "kitchen celebrity" or even "food celebrity". These would mean he is famous, he has something to do with food or the kitchen, but he isn't necessarily skilled at anything.

            Jamie

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
              Sorry to have been rude and not thanked you all before for your input on
              the non-cooking celebrity chef - much appreciated