Re: [Czechlist] "Flapjack"?

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 28, 2013
      In my universe, we don't add the name of a state after the name of the city, but just "USA", so it would be something like "Heartburn City, USA".

      More common would be to add "-sville" to anything, so you could have said "Hearburnsville".

      Jamie

      On Mar 28, 2013, at 7:32 AM, Melvyn wrote:

      > But whoah, too much syrup and it's heartburn city, Arizona. (Did I use that turn of phrase correctly?)
      >
      > BR
      >
      > Melvyn

    • ac4a39b37975b8c0096d48b3385836a2
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 28, 2013
        Nooo....they're more doughy than chewy granola bars. And thicker - about an inch thick, but otherwise roughly the same dimensions. Basically if you made a batch of oatmeal cookies (there are other kinds, but this is the one I eat the most) and added lots of raisins, dried cranberries, maybe some other dried fruit, pressed the dough into a deep cookie sheet and baked it for 5 minutes less than you normally would, cooled it and cut it into bars, you'd have flapjacks.

        Jen