INFO: Smooth Annie and FB Czechlist

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 11, 2013
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Sarka Rubkova" <sarka@...> wrote:

      > Do you know that it is also called Hladka Ancka (in Krkonose)?

      Mmm a Smooth Annie sounds just the job in this kind of weather. Or is that a Nan* Smoothy? Or does hladka have some other meaning here?

      Hladka Ancka je starodavna krkonosska polevka a ackoli se zda, ze je tak jednoducha, ze uz ani jednodussi byt nemuze, patri mezi polevky, ktere se vesnici od vesnice varily ruzne.
      Nekde se davaji vejce natvrdo do talire, nekde se zakvedlaji rozslehane rovnou do polevky, nekde dokonce delavaji vejce smazena a pak teprve vkladaji do polevky. Existují verze Ancky bez mleka a se smetanou, verze zjemnene zloutkem, verze superchudobna jen z vyvaru z cibule a kminu…
      http://www.labuznik.cz/recept/hladka-ancka/

      I see that zakvedlat means to mix (e.g. an egg) into (e.g. soup). Must include that in our "Czechs have a word for it" collection, which BTW is now housed on the Czechlist Facebook site. Oh, have I not mentioned our new Czechlist Facebook site? :-) Well, you can find it easily enough on Facebook and you will also find many old Czechlist friends there, as well as some new ones. You can ask language questions and you will likely get some good answers in with all the banter (banter is de rigeur on Facebook Czechlist :-)). You will also probably find it easier there to filter out trolls and heavy weirdo Jekyll and Hyde characters. Some users have also commented on the ease of use in general.

      BR

      Melvyn
      *"To bed, to bed," said Sleepy Head,
      "Tarry awhile," said Slow.
      "Put on the pan," said highly resourceful and forward-thinking Nan,
      "Let's sup before we go."
    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 22, 2013
        Zakvedlat means vm�chat, you may have a word for it

        Sarka

        > Do you know that it is also called Hladka Ancka (in Krkonose)?

        Mmm a Smooth Annie sounds just the job in this kind of weather. Or is that a
        Nan* Smoothy? Or does hladka have some other meaning here?

        Hladka Ancka je starodavna krkonosska polevka a ackoli se zda, ze je tak
        jednoducha, ze uz ani jednodussi byt nemuze, patri mezi polevky, ktere se
        vesnici od vesnice varily ruzne.
        Nekde se davaji vejce natvrdo do talire, nekde se zakvedlaji rozslehane
        rovnou do polevky, nekde dokonce delavaji vejce smazena a pak teprve
        vkladaji do polevky. Existuj� verze Ancky bez mleka a se smetanou, verze