[Czechlist] volna hlbka

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
      Does anyone know the English term for "volna hlbka" in regard to working on lift platforms?

      "Free depth" doesn't sound right to me, but you never know.

      Thanks for any help.

    • Melvyn
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013

        > Does anyone know the English term for "volna hlbka" in regard to working on lift platforms?

        Ground clearance? Or some other kind of clearance? I thought up "down clearance", but I cannot find anything. :-(

        Clearance = amount of clear free fall space between the anchor and the ground
        http://www.petzl.com/files/all/technical-notice/Pro/L52-GRILLON.pdf

        BR

        Melvyn
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2013
          The first thing I thought was "free fall". ;-)

          Jamie

          On Mar 6, 2013, at 1:40 PM, Melvyn wrote:

          >> Does anyone know the English term for "volna hlbka" in regard to working on lift platforms?
          >
          > Ground clearance? Or some other kind of clearance? I thought up "down clearance", but I cannot find anything. :-(
          >
          > Clearance = amount of clear free fall space between the anchor and the ground
          > http://www.petzl.com/files/all/technical-notice/Pro/L52-GRILLON.pdf
          >
          > BR
          >
          > Melvyn

        • Melvyn
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
            "Clear free-fall space" might do the trick.