Re: [Czechlist] CHAT: Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 2, 2013
      I once saw a cop yell at a woman: "Lady, that light was as red as red could be!" That's similar to, "Zelenejsi to snad nebude..."

      People here often yell, "WHATAYA WAITIN' FOR, CHRISTMAS?"

      I don't think we lack nasty, sarcastic standard remarks. And they do get quite colorful.

      I'm still trying to figure out what Matej thinks is acceptable sarcasm in the CR and UK that's not acceptable in the US.

      Jamie

      On Mar 2, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Melvyn wrote:

      >> On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Melvyn wrote:
      >>
      >>> Imagine a car is stopped and the driver is chatting away even though the traffic lights have changed to green. What do people typically say in your part of the world? Zelenejsi to snad nebude, pane...?

      >> "MOVE YOUR ASS, MISTER!" or, "MOVE YOUR ASS, LADY!" In the United States, we just say it.
      >
      > So you do. We have that option, though "lady" requires a :-) "m'", unless you prefer low colloquial and totally incorrect "missus":
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ywa-9Cu4M
      >
      > but if I were writing a novel or a screenplay set in London my standard-issue lovable Cockney taxi driver would say:
      >
      > Oy, you waitin' for bloomin' Christmas, mate?
      >

      >>> Or if somebody leaves a door open. Mas v prdeli voj...?
      >>
      >> "Brought up in a barn?!" (I actually teach that expression to my ESL students, because they give me so much opportunity to say it.)
      >

      > There's doors in this house!
      >
      > or you can always resort to camp comedians' catchphrases.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSdrfdqnUQ
      >
      > BR
      >
      > Melvyn

    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka