CHAT: Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 2, 2013
      > On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Melvyn wrote:
      >
      > > Imagine a car is stopped and the driver is chatting away even though the traffic lights have changed to green. What do people typically say in your part of the world? Zelenejsi to snad nebude, pane...?

      > "MOVE YOUR ASS, MISTER!" or, "MOVE YOUR ASS, LADY!" In the United States, we just say it.

      So you do. We have that option, though "lady" requires a :-) "m'", unless you prefer low colloquial and totally incorrect "missus":
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ywa-9Cu4M

      but if I were writing a novel or a screenplay set in London my standard-issue lovable Cockney taxi driver would say:

      Oy, you waitin' for bloomin' Christmas, mate?

      > > Or if somebody leaves a door open. Mas v prdeli voj...?
      >
      > "Brought up in a barn?!" (I actually teach that expression to my ESL students, because they give me so much opportunity to say it.)

      There's doors in this house!

      or you can always resort to camp comedians' catchphrases.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSdrfdqnUQ

      BR

      Melvyn
    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka