Re: [Czechlist] Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 1, 2013
      On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Melvyn wrote:

      > Imagine a car is stopped and the driver is chatting away even though the traffic lights have changed to green. What do people typically say in your part of the world? Zelenejsi to snad nebude, pane...?

      "MOVE YOUR ASS, MISTER!" or, "MOVE YOUR ASS, LADY!" In the United States, we just say it.

      > Or if somebody leaves a door open. Mas v prdeli voj...?

      "Brought up in a barn?!" (I actually teach that expression to my ESL students, because they give me so much opportunity to say it.)

    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka