Re[2]: [Czechlist] Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 28, 2013
      I don't know if I can properly describe this, but..

      A teacher starts to patronise someone (an adult) at a party..

      A doctor might start talking about some obscure (and quite disgusting)
      condition..

      A lawyer might say 'we'll all see each other in front of the court one
      day'..

      ... OK, struggling here, let's just say things that may seem funny
      (sarcastic funny) to fellow teachers/doctors/lawyers but not
      necessarily to people in other professions..

      when nobody laughs or someone takes an offence, they'll shrug it off
      and say 'profesionalni deformace/occupational hazard' I guess... or
      someone else may say that about them... or they may add that (PD/OH) at
      the end of their 'joke' to avoid such outcome and still appear funny...

      At least that's a situation that I imagine we'd use 'profesionalni
      deformace' in in Czech and (unless I was hallucinating), I've
      heard/read the same in (BR) English??

      Put me out my misery someone

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka