Re: [Czechlist] Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 28, 2013
      Occupational hazard is completely different from professional deformity.

      A professional deformity is a psychological quirk caused by one's job. It generally does not pose a hazard.

      An occupational hazard is a risk of injury, financial ruin or some other problem posed by one's job, not a psychological quirk. A typical example: On a crowded mat in an aikido dojo, a person swung me around without looking where he was going, and another guy's head and mine collided full speed, giving me a concussion. I get to the hospital, and the first thing the doctor says is, "Occupational hazard, huh?" That has nothing to do with a profesionalni deformace.

      Anyway, if you guy's can accept the EU term "harmonization" in senses that have nothing to do with music, I can't see why you object to "professional deformity" as a calque from French. I sense some inconsistency here.

      Jamie

    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka