Re: [Czechlist] Deformation professionnelle (was: Monterky)

    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 28 11:17 AM
      Believe it or not, in English I've heard it called a "professional deformity" for years.

      It's just one of those concepts that doesn't cross the anglophone mind that much, as is schadenfreude.

      Jamie

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 1:56 PM, Melvyn wrote:

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Melvyn" <zehrovak@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Une deformation professionnelle, c'est ca ? = Goes with the job, huh?
      >> http://www.linguee.fr/francais-anglais/traduction/d%E9formation+professionnelle.html
      >>
      >> Or occupational bias?
      >

      > or maybe occupational ailment, disorder, quirk, reflex...
      >
      > job conditioning
      > force of habit at work,
      >

      > See also Veblen's concept of "trained incapacity", Dewey's notion of "occupational psychosis" or Warnotte's view of "professional deformation"
      >

      > Or use the French deformation professionelle.
      >
      > Sir Oliver Wright, who served as ambassador to
      > Germany and the United States, describes the phenomenon
      > as "deformation professionelle"?the skewing of someone's
      > outlook by his career imperatives.
      > http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmhansrd/chan154.pdf
      >
      > BR
      >
      > Melvyn
      >
      > CZECHLIST - kde dostanes odpoved driv nez polozis otazku. :-)

    • Sarka Rubkova
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 5, 2013
        Nakonec jsem opravdu zvolila tuto variantu, že jedná o zabalené zboží
        dodávané na nezakrytém náklaďáku

        Sarka