CHAT: menu items

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2001
      Tonight at an ordinary bar in Detroit, I saw an ordinary sign that said this:

      SUNDAY SPECIAL
      GOLOMTKI
      PIEROGI
      KIELBASA
      & KRAUT $5.75

      You can be sure that none of the patrons of the establishment found anything
      unusual or particularly foreign about this sign, and I wouldn't even have
      noticed it, if we hadn't been discussing menus recently. And I have no idea
      why no one here uses a Polish term for sauerkraut.