Re: [Czechlist] jak se namane

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
      I bow to this wisdom ;) except that I'd say "whenever the opportunity
      arises"

      Gerald

      On 28 February 2013 11:32, Matej Klimes <mklimes@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > sounds more like "when opportunity arises"
      >
      > whatever he can lay his hands on would be 'co se namane'?

      7 Old Shoreham Road
      Brighton
      Sussex
      BN1 5DQ
      U.K.

      Tel/fax: ++ 44 1273208484

      To see a World in a Grain of Sand
      And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
      And Eternity in an hour.

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
        Well, actually, 20 cigs a day doesn't sound that bad to me (non-smoker,
        but heavy smokers go through two packets a day, don't they?)... same
        goes for chain smoking, if you chain smoke, you're bound to end up with
        more than 20 a day..

        That's why I said when, not whenever (my first choice), because
        whenever suggests any time all the time..

        My feeling is that he was trying to make it sound better, maybe he does
        chain smoke and goes through two packs a day, but 'jak se namane'
        sounds like - when other people are smoking, when I have a bit of time,
        or something like that to me...

        Anyway, not terribly important, but it doesn't sound like a super heavy
        smoker (feel like I'm defending smoking now:)