Re: [Czechlist] jak se namane

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
      sounds more like "when opportunity arises"

      whatever he can lay his hands on would be 'co se namane'?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
        Thanks - so basically chain smoker. It is probably a last attempt at humour from the patient who is lying on his deathbed. Exitus letalis soon follows.

        > sounds more like "when opportunity arises"
        >
        > whatever he can lay his hands on would be 'co se namane'?

      • Gerald Turner
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
          Exactly. Or "how does he come by..."

          Gerry

          --
          7 Old Shoreham Road
          Brighton

          Tel/fax: ++ 44 1273208484

          To see a World in a Grain of Sand
          And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
          Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
          And Eternity in an hour.

        • Gerald Turner
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
            I bow to this wisdom ;) except that I'd say "whenever the opportunity
            arises"

            Gerald

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
              Well, actually, 20 cigs a day doesn't sound that bad to me (non-smoker,
              but heavy smokers go through two packets a day, don't they?)... same
              goes for chain smoking, if you chain smoke, you're bound to end up with
              more than 20 a day..

              That's why I said when, not whenever (my first choice), because
              whenever suggests any time all the time..

              My feeling is that he was trying to make it sound better, maybe he does
              chain smoke and goes through two packs a day, but 'jak se namane'
              sounds like - when other people are smoking, when I have a bit of time,
              or something like that to me...

              Anyway, not terribly important, but it doesn't sound like a super heavy
              smoker (feel like I'm defending smoking now:)