TERM: Karolinske obdobi
- If a text is talking about an Italian picture from the "karolinske obdobi", are we talking about the Carolingian period or the Carolinine period (i.e, the time of Charlemagne)?
- A recap (or nightcap in your case, Jamie):
Carolingian (also Carlovingian):
Of or relating to the second Frankish dynasty, 751--911/87, founded by
Pippin the Short, father of Charlemagne (cf. Merovingian: of or relating to
the first Frankish dynasty, c.500--751, founded by Clovis).
1. = Caroline.
2. Of or relating to Charlemagne and his times.
3. Of or relating to Carolina or the Carolinas.
1. Of or relating to the life and times of Charles I or Charles II of
2. Of or relating to the life and times of Charles IV of Bohemia (the
3. Of or relating to the life and times of any other important Charlie.
4. = Carolingian
>3. Of or relating to the life and times of any other important Charlie.Chaplin? Brown? Chan? The guy with the Angels?
BLUE DANUBE international communication services
The Central and East European Language Source!
Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954