Re: [Czechlist] Anyone know about Slovak politics please....

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      It refers to tapings in the Gorillagate, someone called the "voice"
      (sounds familiar?) apparently alleged Fico knew about dirty money on
      Smer's accounts...

      http://www.google.cz/search?q=fico+hlas+ktory+zhanal+peniaze&hl=cs&gbv=2&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3...3861.11376.0.11717.26.26.0.0.0.0.188.2293.18j8.26.0...0.0...1c.1.6RQn93vrI38&oq=fico+hlas+ktory+zhanal+peniaze

      http://tmuzergues.wordpress.com/2012/03/08/old-lions-gorillas-and-the-future-of-the-centre-right-in-slovakia/

      Matej
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
        It is very strange even in Slovak:

        Fico cannot afford it as he got impeached in the past by the sponsor
        agreement (Flašík - Blaško) and by the voice who had fished money for Smer
        by his own head.

        But whose voice? And why by his own head? I don´t understand. Does anybody?
        Honza

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
          You'd have to be an expert on Gorilla gate to know exactly, and we
          don't get that much of detail on it in Czecho courtesy of certain
          company's PR - but then I doubt the audience reading Charlie's
          translation will be experts either, so IMHO all we need to know is that
          there was someone in charge of getting not so legal funding for Smer,
          who's called 'the voice' and who said that Fico knew about it all on
          one of the tapes.. not sure where the 'own head' comes into the picture
          (maybe some of the articles in that Google search I posted will help),
          but even if we decipher it, I think a bit of an explanation and/or
          re-phrasing will be necessary ion the ENG translation, otherwise people
          will be even more lost than we are

          >Fico cannot afford it as he got impeached in the past by the sponsor
          >agreement (Flašík - Blaško) and by the voice who had fished money for Smer
          >by his own head.
          >
          >But whose voice? And why by his own head? I don´t understand. Does anybody?
          >Honza

        • Charles Stanford
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
            Thanks gentlemen - you have both helped and I have come up with something
            pretty opaque based on what you put (don't want the customer to not have to
            do any research of their own)