CJ-NJ pojmy z obaloveho prumyslu

  • Foren - Helga
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
      Zdravim po rano,

      mam pred sebou excelove tabulky (bez kontextu). Nabizeji se v nich ruzne
      krabice (z kartonu a papirove lepenky)

      Vyzna se nekdo v tomto oboru a dokaze vysvetlit co presne je
      "vysek"
      "prolozka"

      Take by mne zajimalo, jestli "3VVL tvar." mne ma vest smerem "tri
      vrstevni buh-vi-co(VL)" nebo jestli "VVL" je mezinarodni pouzivana zkratka.

      A jeste mne trapi "ryl" (v poslednim prikladu) - ma nekdo nejaky napad?

      Priklady z textu:
      Výsek 1474x1174 HH1.03B tisk 1b.
      Proložka 3VVL tvar.
      Proložka 0900 ryl 987 x 185 mm, HH 1.02B

      Predem moc dekuji!
      Helga
    • Liz
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 11, 2013
        Good morning, Helga,

        vysek (no hacek) is a die cut. A trilingual manual I have translates vysek as "Stanzen".

        Prolozka - in your case it means the "padding" or underlay.

        Ryl is groove; this manual I have translates "rylovani" as
        Rillen.

        HTH

        Liz

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Foren - Helga wrote:

        > Zdravim po rano,
        >
        > mam pred sebou excelove tabulky (bez kontextu). Nabizeji se v nich ruzne
        > krabice (z kartonu a papirove lepenky)
        >
        > Vyzna se nekdo v tomto oboru a dokaze vysvetlit co presne je
        > "vysek"
        > "prolozka"
        >
        > Take by mne zajimalo, jestli "3VVL tvar." mne ma vest smerem "tri
        > vrstevni buh-vi-co(VL)" nebo jestli "VVL" je mezinarodni pouzivana zkratka.
        >
        > A jeste mne trapi "ryl" (v poslednim prikladu) - ma nekdo nejaky napad?
        >
        > Priklady z textu:
        > Výsek 1474x1174 HH1.03B tisk 1b.
        > Prolo¸ka 3VVL tvar.
        > Prolo¸ka 0900 ryl 987 x 185 mm, HH 1.02B
        >
        > Predem moc dekuji!
        > Helga

      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
          Hi list,

          I'm a bit slow today and can't think of an elegant way to say dopravni
          dostupnost..

          It's for a bilingual brochure on an office development.. there are two
          columns of symbols/keys headed DOPRAVNI DOSTUPNOST (listing all major
          roads, train stations, airport etc.) and MHD/PUBLIC TRANSPORT (listing
          nearby Metro and tram stations)....

          Nothing I usually say in this context sounds particularly good on its
          own and in this contrast (to public transport), best I have is
          "Transport infrastructure" but I'm sure there's a better solution..

          Thanks for any ideas

          Matej

        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
            Another one of those things that keep popping up, (historicke)
            pamatky... it's relatively easy to deal with in a sentence, but as a
            standalone heading (with nothing to follow), do you think just 'sights'
            is OK?

            Again, this present case is a bilingual brochure, where things like
            this appear either in bullet point lists, or as captions under/near to
            illustrations..

            Things like:

            Zajímavá místa/Points of interest

            Památky/Sights

            Historické památky/Historic sites

            (they are not in one place like this, but throughout the text) ...
            sounds OK?

            I went for historic sites in the last line to have a bit of a variation
            and to avoid sights, which (IMHO) sounds a bit weird on its own like
            this... I mean things like London sights, sights in London etc. are
            commonplace enough, but just sights alone? I considered attractions,
            but didn't want to go 'tourist attractions' and attractions alone also
            sound a bit suspect, any comments?

            Thanks

            Matej

          • Pilucha, Jiri

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                To se mi taky moc nelibi, jen tak samo o sobe a vedle/v kontrastu s
                MHD, je to torochu nelogicke... navic accessibility nejake budovy se
                spise tyka bezbarieroveho pristupu atd..

                Mozna nad tim moc dumam, ale ja si vzdycky predstavim takove nadpisy
                samy o sobe bez tech veci co jsou pod nimi a premyslim jestli davaji
                smysl, respektive jak zni, a tady mi nic moc nesedi..

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                  I think that in a title we'd more likely write "Things to see", but "Sights" is okay.

                  Jamie

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                    Long-distance transportation
                    Local transportation

                    Jamie

                    On Feb 12, 2013, at 5:54 AM, Matej Klimes wrote:

                    > Hi list,
                    >
                    > I'm a bit slow today and can't think of an elegant way to say dopravni
                    > dostupnost..
                    >
                    > It's for a bilingual brochure on an office development.. there are two
                    > columns of symbols/keys headed DOPRAVNI DOSTUPNOST (listing all major
                    > roads, train stations, airport etc.) and MHD/PUBLIC TRANSPORT (listing
                    > nearby Metro and tram stations)....
                    >
                    > Nothing I usually say in this context sounds particularly good on its
                    > own and in this contrast (to public transport), best I have is
                    > "Transport infrastructure" but I'm sure there's a better solution..
                    >
                    > Thanks for any ideas
                    >
                    > Matej

                  • Melvyn
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013

                      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner wrote:

                      > I think that in a title we'd more likely write "Things to see", but "Sights" is okay.

                      Or maybe "sightseeing", "sightseeing spots" and the like?

                      > > Historicke pamatky/Historic sites

                      Note the difference between historic and historical:
                      http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/historic-versus-historical.aspx

                      A lot of native speakers ignore this difference but IMHO it is still worth knowing.

                      I often try to work in the word "heritage" in this kind of context. See Czechlist archives. "Heritage sites" works here IMO. Even covers places that aren't particularly historic.

                      BR

                      Melvyn
                    • Melvyn
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                        Getting here
                        (Easy) access by road, rail and air
                        (Major) road, rail and air links

                        Public transport

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                              as a standalone word superimposed over a photo of a
                              > >historical building (supposedly being one of the 'benefits' of the
                              > >office development in question, as in they make it sound as if pamatky
                              > >were part of what you get with your lease..), it didn't work for me..
                              > >Used sightseeing in the end.. It's an activity, strictly speaking, but
                              > >it seemed better than just 'sights'

                              Hmmm didn't know this was for an office development. Sightseeing for me is normally something that you go and do. A bit unusual to do it from your office window, unless perhaps it is in jest ("See the sights!"). Not sure about that one now. Hey add an exclamation mark and it will be fine. :-)

                              I guess one could argue these sites/buildings are almost
                              > >always historic (as in important in history), as opposed to just
                              > >historical (old),

                              I recently had a picture of a cerna kuchyne (open-hearth kitchen?) in a burgher's house. To me, "historic" suggests the great tea-trolley disaster of 1547 or something, but then this job makes me hypersensitive to nuances and your average tourist would probably not bat an eyelid.

                              BR

                              Melvyn
                            • wustpisk
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                                Fantastic panoramic views?

                                Nothing like a bit of purple prose, especially if the office development is overlooking Chodov or Vítkovice.

                                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Melvyn" wrote:

                                > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Matej Klimes" wrote:
                                > as a standalone word superimposed over a photo of a
                                > > >historical building (supposedly being one of the 'benefits' of the
                                > > >office development in question, as in they make it sound as if pamatky
                                > > >were part of what you get with your lease..), it didn't work for me..
                                > > >Used sightseeing in the end.. It's an activity, strictly speaking, but
                                > > >it seemed better than just 'sights'
                                >

                                > Hmmm didn't know this was for an office development. Sightseeing for me is normally something that you go and do. A bit unusual to do it from your office window, unless perhaps it is in jest ("See the sights!"). Not sure about that one now. Hey add an exclamation mark and it will be fine. :-)
                                >
                                > I guess one could argue these sites/buildings are almost
                                > > >always historic (as in important in history), as opposed to just
                                > > >historical (old),
                                >
                                > I recently had a picture of a cerna kuchyne (open-hearth kitchen?) in a burgher's house. To me, "historic" suggests the great tea-trolley disaster of 1547 or something, but then this job makes me hypersensitive to nuances and your average tourist would probably not bat an eyelid.
                                >
                                > BR
                                >
                                > Melvyn

                              • (no author)
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 12, 2013
                                  We're wandering away now... there was the occasional this or that view,
                                  but my main thing concerning pamatky was that they were thrown in as
                                  one of the benefits/things you get.. and it was usually a standalone
                                  term and/or a caption/graphic element on a page, together with a photo
                                  of one of Prague's finest..