Re: [Czechlist] TERM: PLACE EXIT IN FORWARD CABIN SEAT

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2013
      Thanks, Melvyn,

      The phrase I am asking about should itself be a sign, as far as I
      understand the job. I believe the two phrases I showed in my post in all
      caps are together in the same place. This should lead to a conclusion
      they are both next to, or right on, the exit, perhaps an emergency one,
      where passengers can read them.

      Even your confirmation you don't see a clear meaning helps me. I may
      indeed have to consult the client (via the agency that hires me though)
      unless I bump into an explanation while looking for other related
      information; it's in their interest after all. By the way, I sometimes
      solve problems like this one on the verge of waking up, having pondered
      it when asleep. You know, when you think about something intensively
      before you fall asleep, your brain continues to process the issue
      subconsciously without mundane distractions.

      The signs I am translating must have been in use for some time in
      English, maybe a long time (the document indicates the Czech translation
      is for aircraft registration in the Czech Republic). I wonder if they
      have to comply with some regulations. Their meanings are probably
      obvious in their respective locations, but quite a few of them sound
      rather ambiguous when just listed in a document and this one's still a
      kind of mystery to me.

      Jirka Bolech