Re[2]: [Czechlist] Name of makeshift pen

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
      Must have been growing up on another planet, don't remember these..

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
        Ah, I remember those... but I don't recall a specific name, either. I
        think we just called them refills -- something like "napln do ciny".
        Cina of course meant "cinske pero", that is, a fancier ballpoint pen (of
        any origin) that was not a "propiska", that is, did not have a
        pushbutton-operated mechanism for hiding the tip.

        Here's a pair (without the contents and the blue cap):
        http://www.mo-na-ko.net/php/portal/_Clanky2007/MonakoII_b/001.jpg

        Josef

        On 4.2.2013 2:43, James Kirchner wrote:
        > Thank you. You answered a different question, but I didn't know the answer to that one either.
        >
        > What I saw actually were ballpoint refills; I'm not talking about a fountain pen with replaceable ink cartridges. These were actually plastic cylinders that ballpoint fillers came in, and the kids improvised a pen from them by punching through the plastic cap and jamming the point through it. Thus, the pen not only wrote, but it could hold more refills in case the kid ran out of ink during a test or something.
        >
        > Jamie
        >
        > On Feb 3, 2013, at 8:31 PM, Matej Klimes wrote:
        >
        >> It's called bombic^kove' pero (bombicky are the little refills, but
        >> they contain ink, not ballpoint stuff, that's much thicker)... why did
        >> you think the pens were makeshift?

      • wustpisk
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
          I think a 'cinak' is something different - I am glad they still make them http://www.mptoner.cz/produkt/11777-pero-cinske-5866/ I wonder if they are as splodgy as they used to be?

          But Jamie is probably thinking of the naplne as mentioned below - I used to use them on their own. Not a great solution, but it worked.