Re: [Czechlist] pro zmenu gastronomicke vyrazy

    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 23, 2013
      I've always seen pot roast arrive at the table as a slab, which is then cut up. I have never seen svickova arrive at the table as a slab.

      JK

      On Jan 23, 2013, at 4:36 PM, jenuwefa wrote:

      > I'm not sure what you're getting at - svickova - no matter which cut of meat is used - is cooked as a "slab" and then sliced before serving....and that's how my mom always made/served pot roast as well....
      >

      > Jennifer
      >
      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner wrote:
      >>
      >> Pot roast is a slab.
      >>
      >> Jamie
      >>
      >> On Jan 23, 2013, at 1:51 PM, jenuwefa wrote:
      >>
      >>> I agree with you, Kent. I've also seen the term "pot roast" used - so "pot roast with cream sauce" might be one possibility.
      >>>
      >>> Jennifer

    • wustpisk
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 24, 2013
        Poor horse - hasn't it been flogged enough already?

        ---
        (the horse analogy is intended - I'm certain that more than one piece of the noble beast of burden has been served to me in the form of svickova or gulas in the past. BTW my favourite svickova used to be available at the nonstop bufet at Brno hlavni nadrazi (28 Kc) and if that meat had ever been near a cow, let alone a fillet thereof, then I'm a monkey's uncle ... )