Re: [Czechlist] Re: CZ>EN medical "dietni chyba"

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
      Kinga> On the other hand, the patient in question was suffering from
      Crohn's disease, so it is possible that he was following a diet and
      therefore said that he was compliant with the dietary recommendations.

      I am 99.9 percent sure that in this case the doctor asked and the
      patient replied about a specific diet - I have (had, hopefully, seems
      to be OK now) Crohn's/UC and the most important thing is diet - in the
      sense of not eating raw fibres, seeds, nuts, most fruits, etc. Other
      than that, someone with Crohn's or UC/Ulcerative colitis can eat as
      much or as badly (as seen from a normal healthy diet's perspective) as
      they can, in fact it's recommended..

      Some people even do what's caled 'paleo dieta' (Paleolithic diet?) Only
      meat and eggs and the like, no sugar (no pasta, no bread), very little
      veg or fruit, if any.. and it does them good... other people argue
      that's good for all of us since we only started eating all that other
      stuff relatively recently (in evolution), that's a bit of a debate, but
      it's certainly good for you if you have anything like Crohn's/UC..

      Anyway, as I said this was most probably about a specific diet, so IMHO
      Jamie's original dietary non-compliance works well here..

      Matej