Re: [Czechlist] CZ>EN medical "dietni chyba"

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
      Even more vague would be, "Patient does not report dietary issues."

      Jamie

      On Jan 23, 2013, at 11:41 AM, kingakawecka wrote:

      > All in all, I think the best option would be some vague expression, maybe something like: Patient does not report dietary non-compliance.

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
        Kinga> On the other hand, the patient in question was suffering from
        Crohn's disease, so it is possible that he was following a diet and
        therefore said that he was compliant with the dietary recommendations.

        I am 99.9 percent sure that in this case the doctor asked and the
        patient replied about a specific diet - I have (had, hopefully, seems
        to be OK now) Crohn's/UC and the most important thing is diet - in the
        sense of not eating raw fibres, seeds, nuts, most fruits, etc. Other
        than that, someone with Crohn's or UC/Ulcerative colitis can eat as
        much or as badly (as seen from a normal healthy diet's perspective) as
        they can, in fact it's recommended..

        Some people even do what's caled 'paleo dieta' (Paleolithic diet?) Only
        meat and eggs and the like, no sugar (no pasta, no bread), very little
        veg or fruit, if any.. and it does them good... other people argue
        that's good for all of us since we only started eating all that other
        stuff relatively recently (in evolution), that's a bit of a debate, but
        it's certainly good for you if you have anything like Crohn's/UC..

        Anyway, as I said this was most probably about a specific diet, so IMHO
        Jamie's original dietary non-compliance works well here..

        Matej