Ethics Committee term

  • Charles Stanford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      Help please listmates.... Sorry to be so full of questions and so empty of
      answers.
      Doing an Ethics Committee Opinion and they have a table with the following
      columns:

      Jmeno
      Odbornost
      Zavislost
      Hlasoval

      They list the names of the members of the EC, then their various
      fields/occupations and under Zavislost and Hlasoval they have check-boxed.
      I am very unsure about the Zavislost - does it have something to do with
      the EC being nezavisla? Hope it is not too obvious.
      Thank you
      Charlie

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
        Yes, it would have something to do with that (nezavisla komise), but
        it's hard to put a concrete meaning to it without knowing the
        background (which commission, who are the people, what decision - that
        would probably shed light on what exactly it's supposed to be)..

        On its own, the only scenario I can imagine is that the tick means the
        particular member is or isn't zavisly/nezavisly concerning the
        particular decision... could be that they are talking about a certain
        political party, or company, or anything else a member of that
        commission may be member/representative of, but normally such people
        would IMHO simply be disquallified from that particular vote (if they
        admit to it of course)..

        If it was nezavislost, you could simply say 'indepentent' and leave it,
        you can't do 'dependent', can you? If you don't untangle the real
        reason (see above), and need to get out of it, maybe you could reverse
        it, I mean say 'Independent' and then tick or say YES where it was
        unticked before and vice versa? That would be legitimate, wouldn't it?

        > Help please listmates.... Sorry to be so full of questions and so
        >empty of
        >answers.
        >Doing an Ethics Committee Opinion and they have a table with the
        >following
        >columns:
        >
        >Jmeno
        >Odbornost
        >Zavislost
        >Hlasoval
        >
        >They list the names of the members of the EC, then their various
        >fields/occupations and under Zavislost and Hlasoval they have
        >check-boxed.
        >I am very unsure about the Zavislost - does it have something to do
        >with
        >the EC being nezavisla? Hope it is not too obvious.
        >Thank you
        >Charlie

      • Charles Stanford
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
          Thanks Matej. I have just looked at the next file for the same job and it
          has a column entitled "Hospital employee" in the same place.... That will
          teach me to not rush at a gate.