Re: term "misplaced concreteness"

  • Melvyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary" wrote:

      > how would you translate "misplaced concreteness"? Here the sense is that economics stuffs numbers everywhere and is concerned about the material side too much, without taking ethics, psychology or social problems into account.

      Filozof A. N. Whitehead (1861—1947) tento pristup nazyval „omyl nemistne konkretnosti" („fallacy of misplaced concreteness").
      http://www.zlaterezervy.cz/slovnik-pojmu/konceptualni-realismus-conceptual-realism

      Neboli reifikace (zpredmetovani)???

      S pozdravem,

      Melvyn
    • mary
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        Melvyn, thank you for the reply, those are great suggestions. Sorry, I've only noticed it now.
        Maria