Re: kucharske vyrazy

  • jenuwefa
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 15, 2013
      Hi Eve,

      I would still change filo pastry to puff pastry (if you're translating it as listkove testo)...

      I don't understand the difference between creamed cake and cake - for me they are the same.

      And pletene pecivo isn't right either - if you're using that term for vanocky, then I would use "yeast doughs".

      Sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure it says what it's supposed to (and I still don't know if you're translating into English or Czech or both! :)

      (On the other hand, I think that most people using an oven who are not familiar with baking won't be using this as a guide anyway, they'll be using a recipe from a cookbook, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it.)

      Regards,
      Jennifer

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Eva Horejsii wrote:

      > Dear Jennnifer,
      > Thank you and others.
      > You are right, creamed cake is - the butter and sugar are "creamed" together, then the eggs are added. Then flour and milk. Czech it is - trene testo.
      >
      > I have corrected my translation
      >
      > Creamed cake trena dortova testa
      > > Pastry sladke pecivo, cukrovi
      > > Biscuit susenky
      > > Cookie drobne zakusky, susenky
      > > Cake kolace
      > > Braided cookie pletene pecivo, vanocky
      > > Filo pastry listkove testo
      > > Savory pastry slane pecivo
      >
      > Once more I enclosure the table of tempetatur
      >
      > Meals Temperature (?C) Rack position Cooking time (min.)
      > Creamed cake 150 - 170 2 30 - 35
      > Pastry 200 - 220 2 35 - 45
      > Biscuit 160 - 170 3 20 - 25
      > Cookie 160 - 170 3 20 - 35
      > Cake 160 - 180 2 25 - 35
      > Braided cookie 200 - 220 2 30 - 40
      > Filo pastry 180 - 200 2 35 - 45
      > Savory pastry 160 - 180 2 20 - 30
      >
      > I must it translate, please, suggest me some solution. I note that it is not original text, the product (Oven) is likely comes from China, so it's already a translation in EN.
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > Eva Horejsi

    • Liz
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 20, 2013
        Jamie,

        You remind me of someone I know who reads what they wish to read and ignores all the rest :)

        Have a nice Sunday

        Liz