Re: [Czechlist] VAT number of a foreign (French) company

  • Mihail Mihaylov
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
      http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=cs

      HTH,

      Mihail

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Matej Klimes
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 2:03 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] VAT number of a foreign (French) company

      Does anyone happens to know about a place one might get a VAT number
      for a known company within the EU from? Sort of like the rejstrik at
      justice.cz for Czech companies..

      I've only been able to find various sites where you can check a VAT
      number for accuracy/if it exists, but nowhere you could put in the name
      of the company and/or other known details and get the VAT... This is
      for a French place that went incommunicado with me and they just won't
      give the damn number out, don't know why, some foreign places don't
      even know they have one and have to ask their accountants - guess they
      are not as fussy about things as our Financak wants us to be... my
      accountant has to put the VAT of every EU subject I invoiced to into an
      on-line form and it won't take it unless it's correct.

      Apparently data protection or something else prevents random people
      from getting the number even from the authorities (at least in the UK,
      which is strange as the same thing is available to anyone over the
      Internet in Czecho)... the invoice is for EUR 100, no VAT on it as it
      is EU/EU, but I do need to report the invoice and the VAT number on
      that stupid form and it won't take a fake one..

      Thanks for any hints

      Matej

    • Mihail Mihaylov
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
        And for reverse search:

        http://www.tva-intracommunautaire.com/nom_vers_tva.php

        Mihail

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
          Thanks Honzo and Mihail,

          No luck on the first link (alth' I can find that the company exists and
          has a registration number elsewhere).., the second link is
          subscription-only, and they check VAT numbers for businesses for
          money(!), but I guess this outfit is just not registered or otherwise
          dodgy, if they don't tell me themselves and nothing can be found..

          Matej

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
            What Honza sent is a South Africanregister, not an EU one.

            If I were in your shoes Matej, I would simply send them an invoice
            without a VAT number and skip them in the bernak report. Chances they
            would report themselves as paying a VAT on your invoice are VERY low.

            M(artin)

            Dne 14.1.2013 14:31, Matej Klimes napsal(a):

            > Thanks Honzo and Mihail,
            >
            > No luck on the first link (alth' I can find that the company exists and
            > has a registration number elsewhere).., the second link is
            > subscription-only, and they check VAT numbers for businesses for
            > money(!), but I guess this outfit is just not registered or otherwise
            > dodgy, if they don't tell me themselves and nothing can be found..
            >
            > Matej

          • (no author)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
              To jsem udelal, Martine, jenze faktura ma cislo uprostred rady, a moje
              ucetni je nejak uzkoprsa a vadi ji nejen chybejici faktura v rade, ale
              i jin nesrovnalosti... no nic, nejak to zplichtime..

            • Sarka Rubkova
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
                Tak udelej storno

                sarka